Book Binding Services
Using traditional skills and techniques, our bookbinders are able to hand craft and bind documents of various sizes and thicknesses. Our current portfolio includes minutes for councils, wills, planning permission letters, ledgers and many more.
The process for bookbinding is as follows:
- Punching or sectioning your document(s)
- Sewing your sections/documents together
- Gluing the spine for increased strength
- Measuring and cutting your leather cloth and case boards
- Gluing your hand made cover onto the documents end papers
- Cleaning and finishing touches
Hard, leathercloth covered cases are crafted from a selection of colours to match the size of your documents.
Your documents/books can also be repaired by our bookbinders using the same methods as described above.
Please note: We do not restore books, we simply repair as best we can and even then, the condition of the book may not allow it to be repaired by our techniques. If you have a valuable or very damaged book, we would recommend a company which specialises in book restoration.